...

...

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Only if you promise not to laugh....

Here are just SOME of the ways I can drive myself bat shit crazy.

[Disappointed pause, accompanied by standard long sigh, RIGHT HERE.]

Crap: I think when it comes to needs vs wants, my Gun Brain can literally talk that line right into extinction. Hands down, I can stand strong against your bullshit, but I downright design, manufacture, AND sell myself MY OWN BULLSHIT. *sigh* that sucks.....

[Already over it.]
I sometimes wonder why I find it OK to publish all the really stupid crap that I think/do/say, in painful detail, (see below) just because I find it hysterical? I never, ever stop to think that someone might actually think I'm stupid. [EVEN when I use than and then wrong, so there!]

I should, perhaps, take it into consideration one day and refrain more, just as I eventually learned restraint when it came to expressing my emotions. Perhaps, one day, I will realize NOT every single stupid thing you think/do/say needs to be shared.

Today is not that day. 

Stupid thought process #1:
Let's bring Bek with me ANYWHERE on Black Friday - yeah, I think my gun brain did that on purpose to mess with my budget brain.

Stupid thought process #2: 
"Hunh, that's weird, I know I had this set amount of *expendable income* - so why do I feel so bad and guilty about this? It isn't like I don't WORK for it. I am not an Ancient Egyptian, either, no one is going to make sure I take it with me....[that is pure Bump, that last one, RIGHT THERE, thanks Dad *sigh*]"

Stupid thought process #3:
"Hunh. Yep, right there: SOFA. That's what I was saving that for....Whooops."

Stupid thought processes, all of the above, continued:
Well that excel spread sheet sure helps out a lot - especially when you LOOK at it before you go shopping.

It literally feels like my Gun Brain did a sneak attack on my Budget Brain.
[That's right, it's not ME. It's portions of me that aren't under my control, thus I can place responsibility on THEM, which is basically: elsewhere, and not on ME, me.]

Darrrnnnn I spent my sofa money on a new gun.

I even had the damned dog cover for it and everything. And the big fuzzy throw from Pier1 that is oh-so-cozy.

They both look fine on my half eaten, very slumped, Gracie-ruined current sofa. 

"Thank you, gun brain, I have enjoyed the new gun. But was that reeeeallly a need over a piss-covered sofa in the living room of the house that everyone lives in?? Hunnnhhh? Gun Brain? What do you have to say for yourself?!"


"pew pew pew....pew pew"



Just sayin ~ DM

~ PS I love it when a post goes sideways.


2 comments:

  1. Dear DM--You are basically saying that your social filters are missing when you write. Personally I find that to be an adorable quality in a humorist who is cataloging their daily/weekly memoir. SO WHAT of you're one of the majority of people who incorrectly use than and then? I simply use your mistakes to goad you with--such is the life of an old man who for thirty years did not use the word too, as to was good enough. *meh*

    Here is what I read into what you wrote--you have not reached or have just now reached your gun saturation point. You have every firearm you want, so now if that is the case the expense of being a gun owner drops, if not--if you have not reached that point yet then you will continue to own a piss smelling couch (who sits on the wet spot?) and go without a pier1 throw that is oh so soft. It IS YOUR expendable income, you're the one who earned it and you're the one who decides how to spend it.

    I reached my saturation point once I obtained the custom built 1911 .45. I really do not need a long gun like an AR15, the Mossberg is enough, our goals as gun owners are different. I do not shoot to compete, or for fun. I shoot to to gain full mastery over my 3 guns. So now my expendable income is back on the rise for other things as all I need spend on is target ammo, which as you know ain't cheap either. ( http://www.sgammo.com/ ) <<reasonable for bulk purchases.

    Naw DM don't put the filters in place that you use in your work-a-day world, who gives a shit what other people think about how you relax or express yourself? I know you shouldn't put a whole lot of credence towards me when I am poking you with a stick, you know my faith in you is unending and my support for you without cease.

    Though seriously I do think you should pay the money and get the CPL if you can afford it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is; You're welcome.
    Bump

    ReplyDelete