...

...

Monday, December 7, 2015

The AR Girl

For as long as I can remember I have wanted to write a book.  I don't know - it has always been a *one day* dream and not a *I must do it now* dream.  It's probably the ONE item on my bucket list that I will be really disappointed about if I don't do it.  

There have countless times in my life that I have sat and tried to force this dream into the *I must do it now* stage with zero results to show for it.  Well - scratch that - the totality of these blog posts is not in the least *zero results*.  There have been plenty of times I kept writing JUST to have a record of the stories in existence - even if I just one day compiled the funniest, the best, the most entertaining posts I've ever written into a book - that thought alone kept me going even when I didn't feel like doing it. 

And I am very proud of everything I have written, it truly is something I cherish. I love owning the story and the length of it, and rereading it. Sometimes I grimace, I often laugh, and I always feel grateful. 

Looking back, I really can't remember how many times I have thought to myself "why the hell can't you think of a story you'd want to tell?" I mean seriously?! I could never picture a novel-length story in my head that begged to be written.  I even think my life has been eventful enough and worthy of some really good novels (because I would take a lot of liberties, I mean poetic license, and I mean: a lot and make it really, really amazing duh....)

I am going to write The AR Girl.  I don't know what yet - a story, a blog, maybe both? But finally I can feel the familiar whisper of something calling me - something that feels real and full of potential.  I can start to feel the tingling of excitement when I hear the phrase The AR Girl.  FINALLY I can see and imagine - well, anything.  I can see a novel, a blog like this one, in which I just write about whatever I want, I can see lots of ideas floating around like tiny tv sets inside bubbles, in my head and I just need to keep poking at them until the right idea starts to kick the *I must do it now* feeling in until the *one day* feeling gets pushed aside completely. 

I'm excited. *tee hee*

Just sayin, DM

2 comments:

  1. You've always been an amazing writer!
    I'm happy I found this; glad to see you're doing so well!

    Think of you often. Wishing you and your family all my best!!
    -A

    ReplyDelete