...

...

Friday, December 11, 2015

String Anxiety and Other Crazy BS

When it rains, it pours.

I hate when a million things start to pile on me and the stress, tears, anxiety, ALL THAT bullshit starts to feel like a full time job. I hate when disasters happen to me in rapid succession.  I probably start to sound like a whiny baby when that happens but I don't really care.

Tonight, it's not the disasters happening to me - it's the disasters happening to my loved ones. I have so much *string anxiety,* it's practically suffocating.  I don't know what's worse, you're OWN disasters that you fight through or those of your friends and family - that you can't fight through FOR them.....

Yeah, I know, it's a bat-shit-crazy idea that I will NEVER understand: *String anxiety* is what I call the anxiety or overwhelming feeling of my wa being disturbed that I FEEL when something bad is ABOUT to happen or someone I am *connected* to is physically experiencing it. It is an actual physical feeling I get, as if *I* were the one suffering, and usually I don't know the reason until I start investigating.

After years, and I mean YEARS of this happening to me, I started putting it together. I can usually resolve the frustration by checking on the most likely candidates (re: I text my sister and ask her what the fuck is wrong), as just identifying the source helps ease it. Once in a while Bek or I won't know the cause and than we start to worry.  Nearly always, when whatever disaster was causing the premonition actually occurs, the anxiety disappears. (Obviously, Bek gets string anxiety, also - at least with our immediate family, and especially me.)

Incidentally, connections are not always permanent, and sometimes unexpected.  For instance, I can feel Emerald's pain, but I didn't always. The more physical time we spend together, the stronger the connection. I find it sorta fascinating when I'm not hating it. In the absence of physical togetherness, the connection has never occurred - or rather, now that I think about it, I don't actually know. I don't think so....I don't think I ever randomly predicted a painful experience for TWM, nor do I feel his emotions.

There are patterns, but I currently lack the technology to conduct experiments for more accurate information. It does sound like bat-shit-craziness, I am aware. But by now, even my parents know to take me seriously when I say *PLEASE drive carefully today....* And if I ask my mom to check on a family member, she does.

The last few days have been painful beyond words or any appropriate explanation - and I am only feeling the peripherals.

It's a very long story and not mine to tell, but Emerald's brother, Anthony is in the ICU.  A mass on his pancreas ruptured before it could be removed. He is a healthy, young, 30 year old man, on life support tonight. Emerald and her dad flew to Texas on Wednesday. He has the "worst level of sepsis" in addition to pneumonia complicating his condition. Work has been great, and we are ALL praying for the family. I am desperately hoping for the best and absolutely staying positive for her.


Than, last night, my neighbor and favorite little girl in the whole world, BEAR, was literally mauled by the babysitter's dog. She is ok, Steph rushed her to the ER, she had surgery in the middle of the night and came home today.  I can't even write about it. I just can't.

BEAR <3


Any and all prayers for the McClary/Walker family (it's on facebook, btw) and my bfaw, Emerald and her family are all greatly appreciated.

That is all I really have to say tonight.

Just sayin, DM


1 comment:

  1. I saw the pictures of your little buddy and immediately hated that dog. I hope your friends brother has good surgical care, that sucks about the leaking mass and the sepsis, I have hope, he will get recover.

    Me, darlin', I never get out of bed without some great physical pain and have some level of pain triggered throughout the day by one thing or another, like those three foggy ass days with 100% humidity. I was fully fucked up and near immobile. You really do not want to touch that shit. As for my emotions--as long as you can feel how much I care for you & yours, you need not feel anything else coming out of this stony ass heart.

    Be Well.

    TWM

    ReplyDelete