...

...

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Seriously, it can't be fun pissing off a writer.....

Double edge support: what? What is that, you ask? That is pure bullshit is what that is.  You heard me.

No worries about that anymore [brushes hands together] Peace out on the double edge support.  I didn't know I was such an awful person, but it turns out, I am. (Why, yes. Yes, that IS pissed-off-beyond-words-sarcasm spewing from my fingers. Sometimes I even grit my teeth while I type. True story.)

I have not been in the best of places lately - it's just been a really hard, stressful time for me. I've been fairly open, honest and upfront about it all, too. It's the #1 reason I knew I had to start writing regularly again - I knew tough times were headed my way, and than when Nate walked out 2 weeks later, well... The difficulty of this quarter was not altogether unexpected.  But even with warning, you try to mentally prepare for a rough patch, yet DUDE, it's still ROUGH. DUH. [Super duh]

Or, as my kids would say "Mom, the struggle is real."

I learned this very early on.  And thank you, mom and dad, for always being honest with us about real life money and job struggles.  I remember the exact job that taught my dad that *There's no loyalty.* I remember it so well, I can still feel the pain of his words. I knew they stung for him. I knew he was disappointed beyond explanation that this sad concept was real: there is no loyalty, it's not even personal, it's business. I am not disappointed in my employer - they have ALWAYS done right by me.  No, I am probably in less pain than my dad was, because he was responsible enough to try and prepare us for as many harsh realities in life as he could. SO I GET IT. I understand it, I don't blame any one person or my boss, or anyone above her.  I blame.....

no one, actually. It's business. 

I am a single mother with a mortgage, a car, teenagers, etc.  I have a lot that I take care of and am responsible for.  Hell yeah, it's hard. It just is. 

The rest of this one is private.  Yeah, I know, but I had to. Not worth the drama. 

As for the struggle: I am going to make it through.  Shit, I'm almost there - and maybe I'm not as joyful as I can be right now, and maybe life isn't as fun as it can be right now, but OH WELL. I will make it through.  Knowing me, I'll come out ahead somehow. *shrugs* I usually do :)

Tomorrow is my last day of work with the exception of one or two days and some on-call time. Because I inserted those, it's over weeks that I have off. I wanted to paint and do some things to the house, but we'll have to see how the finances look, lol!

That's all. 
Anyway, 

Just sayin'. *grin*
DM

1 comment:

  1. Hey if a spanking will help in anyway... beyond that whatever the fuck is going on i am certain beyond any doubt at all the your DMness will just get you through to a positive conclusion.

    No one likes going through shit, especially shit that has no clear reason, I get what Bump means about loyalty--it is a lost art in most peoples lives if you were to ask me which you didn't.

    Look babe, DM is not just a nickname it is your secret power.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete